Powers & Abilities Edit
- Ayami companion - A shaman has a constant spirit companion/guide called an ayami. This ayami is always of the opposite sex. Unlike a necromancer, who communicates with spirits in the ghost realm, an ayami is a different kind of spirit that is present in our own. An ayami is described as having "presence and substance, but no form. The shaman/ayami relationship is a lifelong bond and partnership. The ayami acts as a guardian angel, advisor, scout, and friend for the duration.
- Astral projection - Shamans have the ability to travel outside of the confines of their physical body, be it for fun or more practical endeavors.
- Ayami sense - While a shaman can only communicate with his or her own ayami, they can often sense the presence of another.
- Healing - can heal wounds
- Blockades - Powerful sorcerers have been known to erect magical blockades around sensitive material, even buildings, to prevent a shaman or his/her ayami from spying.